Freedom

Surrendering our problems, our fears and doubts is a tough thing to do sometimes. To let go and let God move isn't always natural for us.  To let go and let God begin to refine us and make us new can be scary.  It's hard because the refining process is so difficult to walk through most of the time.  It challenges us to see problems, people, and situations the way God does.  It allows us to see these things without our emotions fogging up our view.  We all have to do it at some point if we want to experience the freedom God can bring us from all of our junk.  Even when it goes against everything in our being to hang on, you must let go.  I know that there is someone out there going through a season of surrender.  This season is exceptionally hard as you want to have complete control.  You don't want to loosen your grip.  You are thinking that you can do it all on your own.  That you can do it in your strength.  

But I'm here to tell you, the best decision I ever made was to let go and let God.  It took me many years to totally loosen my grip on a particular area.  But once I did, the freedom that came rushing into my life is indescribable.  This is truly a season of surrender for me.  A season of new beginnings and of growth.  A season of refinement and truth.  I have been holding on to part of my story for about ten years.  For so long I thought if I could just forget about the things that happened they would just go away.  Instead, it would continue to show up unexpectedly in certain situations and cause me to react differently than I should have.  It caused me to keep the walls of anger and hurt and embarrassment and fear up so high that nobody could get in.  Not even God.


By letting go and letting God, it allowed Him to move freely in all areas of my life in ways that I never could imagine. I let go of the bondage from my past, and in return, God gave me freedom from it all.  For the first time in my life, I am truly free from the bondage that has kept me tied down for so long.  It's allowed Him to refine me in those areas that needed work.  It's allowed Him to heal the things inside me that I wanted to keep hidden out of fear.  But the most important thing that letting go and letting God did for me was, it allowed me to finally see the truth.

God lifted me out of the pit and planted my feet here, high up on the rock.  Do you want to experience  freedom too?  Do you want to be free from the bondage of your past?  Are ready to let go and let God?


He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. -Psalm 40:2

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys