Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

Looking back on my life, when I was just a small girl, I dreamt of becoming a mother one day.
Being a mom was the only thing I wanted to be when I grew up.  I didn't have aspirations to be a doctor or a lawyer or a teacher.  I simply wanted to be a mom.  So today, I am so thankful to my God.  He is the one who allowed my childhood dream of motherhood to come true. I am truly humbled that he picked me to be Cody and Owen's mommy.

I come from a lineage of women who set the perfect example of what it is to be a great mom. The love of a mother is endless, as my mom, continues to show me even as I am an adult and have children of my own.  Today is the day we celebrate our moms and all of their hard work.  To
show our appreciation to the one who has cared for us and loved us from day one.  As I celebrate my mother and all she continues to do, I am also reflecting upon my God.  What a mighty God we serve.  It's because of His blessings, I am a mom of two.  I am also thinking about my babies that I have lost today.  There is something so comforting in knowing that they are now with their Heavenly Father.  After losing a child, you become even more grateful for the ones you have already been given.  Life is so precious and it's not something to be taken for granted. So today, on Mother's Day, I want to praise my God.  Today, I want to celebrate my God.  But mostly, I want to thank my God for the children he has already entrusted me with and for making my childhood dreams of motherhood come to pass. 

  








Popular posts from this blog

A Letter to my Boys