Going on a Hike: Circle B Bar Reserve


It was Saturday morning and the boys and I decided to go on an adventure.  One that included hiking through the woods on trails trying to spot any kind of wildlife possible.  For me, it was mostly about spending that much needed quality time with the kids- without the interruption of life.  Between school and baseball, we don't have much time anymore.  Out there, you are surrounded by nature.  You hear nothing but the sounds of the animals.  We just love it!

Now, I'll be the first to admit, I hate spiders and snakes of any kind.  Big or small. So I was really hoping not to see any of those critters!  I do however, LOVE alligators.  Have since I was a child.  There is just something about them that is so fascinating to me.  Luckily, for me, I have passed down that excitement and love for the big guys to the boys.  We knew from going in the past that there was a long dock leading out onto a lake.  What we saw once we walked out there though.. amazing!







There were HUGE gators everywhere we looked!  They were all massive in size.  We must have spotted fifteen or so standing right there on that dock.  

Gator watching was so much fun for us.  We were all so excited at how many there were.  We decided to keep moving since we had to be back in time for Owen's baseball game that afternoon.  






On the last leg of the trail, Cody dropped back to walk beside me.  This was such a special moment for me because he is growing up so fast.  He has entered the phase where it is embarrassing to kiss me in front of his friends.  I knew this time would eventually come.  I just hope it doesn't last too long.  So when he grabbed my hand tight, leaned against my shoulder and said, "I love you, mom." it was one of those moments that will forever be etched into my heart.  


We had such a great time exploring Circle B Bar Reserve that day!  We only wish Adam could have joined us on our adventure!  

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys