Motherhood

Motherhood.  What an incredible blessing it is to be a mother.  I have been a mom for twelve years.  TWELVE YEARS!!  It really does go by in the blink of an eye.  I have watched my children accomplish every single milestone up to this point.  I have laughed with them, lost many hours of sleep trying to comfort them, spent nights shedding tears over them.  I have spent countless hours worrying for them.  But mostly, I have spent the most hours in prayer for my boys.  Those prayers started when I realized as a little girl all I ever wanted to be was a mom.  It’s days like today, that you reflect most as a mom.  It makes you realize or understand what your mother must feel about you.  All the blood, sweat and tears your mom poured

over you.  All she sacrificed for YOU.  You realize how grateful you are for her.  My mom has been a mom for thirty-four years.  I can only imagine that the love you feel for your children grows stronger as the years go by.  You never stop worrying about them, you never stop crying over them, you never stop losing sleep over them.  You never stop praying for them.  Your job as a mom is never really done.  You just move into a different season of motherhood once your children become adults.  So whether you have a biological mom, a grandma as a mom, an adoptive mom, take a moment and tell them how much you love them and appreciate them because there is no one here on earth who loves you more.

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys