I See You. I See Your Pain.

My friend, I recognize the pain in your eyes.  I can see how much effort it takes for you to get through your day.  I see how hard it is for you to smile.  I see you trying to be strong.  I see you.  I see your pain.

That was once me.  At a glance, you would never know how much pain was behind my eyes.  You would never be able to tell how much effort it took just to put on a smile.  You would never realize just how hard it was to just get through the day.  The years after my divorce were extremely difficult.  Every day was a new challenge for me.  People say they understand your pain. But the reality is, unless you experience what trials I was facing, they had no idea of what it felt like.  I didn't know a soul who really understood my pain or what I was facing.

God quickly and gently reminded me that He did.  He understood.  Jesus paid the ultimate price for me.  He died a horrible death-for me.  If anyone understood my pain, it was Him.  At that moment, that was enough for me.  I realized that if I was going to get through this season of my life, I had to heavily lean on and depend on my God.  So that's what I did.  At times, I allowed myself not to be strong.  I allowed myself to be sad and cry out.  I allowed myself time to heal.  I embraced every trial because I knew my God was either going to walk beside me or carry me through it.

I learned a lot during those few years on my own.  The most important thing I learned was that God is faithful.  He will never leave us or forsake us.  Even though my former spouse left, God wasn't ever going to leave me.   God won't leave you either.  He loves you too.  He will walk beside you and carry you through all of your trials too.  And when you need a friend who understands your pain, I'll be there for you.  I'll be there to walk arm and arm with you along your journey of healing.

I love you, my friend.   

“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.”
Isaiah 43:2

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys