To All Single Mothers


Single mothers- I know how much you worry, how much you struggle. I know how hard you work to provide and how often you question how you will get by this month. I know how hard it is on you. I just want to tell you that you are doing an amazing job. You are so strong...a lot stronger than you think. God will always provide a way for you. God will provide the things you need most. Being a single mother was the hardest thing that I have had to do. It was not all sunshine and rainbows. There were hard, dark times. When those moments started to drown me, my faith and my God was there. Without it, I don't know where I would be today. My prayer for you is that when those storm clouds start rolling in, you look up. No matter how big the mess, pray and remember to always keep your faith. Never once doubt that God isn't there with you. He is always right beside you. 

In 2 Corinthians 2:14 it says, " But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of Him." This verse means so much to me. God led me to a better life. God led me to the future He planned for me all those years back. The three years I was a single mom, God was grooming me for my spouse. And when it was time, God led me to my amazing husband. It was fast and it was sudden. We were engaged a month after meeting and were married three months after that. Looking back at my life, I am just blown away to see all the pieces that fell into place to put me where I am today. The things I didn't understand then, now made perfect sense. We live life forward, but understand life backwards. 
God has done such amazing things in my life, I can't keep quiet about it. I give Him all the praise! God is leading you to something great too. It just may take some time. You may not see a way out of your mess, but God does. Trust Him. Have faith in Him. Be patient with Him. Remember, He loves you.

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys