His Amazing Love


As the sun comes up, I am reassured by my God that He is there.  As I open up my eyes, I can already see the yellow and orange colors reflecting in the sky and on the lake; letting me know that it indeed is a new day.  I don't know if anyone else has ever felt this way, but today I felt as if the sunrise was just for me.  This morning, I was just overcome with such a peace by seeing the sun make her appearance.  I felt His presence all around me.  I felt His love and His warmth.  The lake is so calm this morning; just smooth as glass.  No sign of choppy waters.  It made me think about life and hardships.  About how we can be sailing on smooth waters one moment and in an instant, it can all change.  A storm can quickly roll in and churn up the water making it so rough that you are having a hard time trying to stay afloat.  In all times, I'm thankful that I know God.  I'm thankful that He is sailing with me on calm waters and sailing with me on choppy waters.  It's in the hardships of life where I am most thankful to have God's love in my life.  Because without Him, my boat would drift trying to fight the wind and waves alone.  It would certainly take on water and sink to the bottom of the ocean floor.   

But what about for someone who doesn't know the love of Christ?  What happens when their waters get choppy?  Who is lifting their heads up out of the water so they can take a breath; so they can stay afloat?  Most likely, they are leaning on their own strength. They just drift along holding on for dear life and wait out the storm and hope they don't sink.  It's hard for me to believe, but I once was that person.  Trying to lean on my own strength.  Trying to do everything on my own.  At one point, I did not know the immense amount of love that God had just for me.  I can remember how hard life was without Him.  I can remember struggling in a way that is unimaginable now.  I can remember having no hope.  Having no faith.  Having no rest during the storms.  I can remember all of it and what it felt like.

But I also can remember the day I felt the immense amount of love that Christ had just for me.  I can remember feeling His warmth.  I can remember being overcome by His presence.  I can remember thinking, 'how could I have lived life this long without knowing Him this way'.  I can remember the day when I realized that Christ was with me all along; trying to get my attention, nudging me, convicting me.  He was trying to give me His amazing love.  Now that He is in my life, doesn't mean I live on Easy St., USA.  It simply means, I know that my Heavenly Father loves me no matter what.  It means I no longer have to fight my battles on my own.  It means that He is sailing with me all the time.  He is here helping me along; wanting to carry my burdens, to lift me when I fall.  He is here to correct me when I make a mistake.  He is here to help me to love people the way that He does.  After all, God called His people to love others like He loves us.  Don't you want to feel His amazing love too?  

Today, I am in awe of all of His goodness.  I am in awe of all of His blessings.  I am in awe of the amazing new friendships we have.  I am in awe of it all; I can't believe this is my life now.  Just think, it all started by letting the Lord into my heart and feeling His amazing love.  

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys