I'm Your Constant

This morning as I awoke, I heard God say:


"The sun rising is a constant thing.  It is like clockwork everyday.  Just like I should be in your life.  Just like clockwork, I want you to spend time with Me.  Reading my word, praying, just talking to Me.  I want to fill you with My presence in order to give you what you need for the day.  I want to share in your happy times and lift you up in your sad moments.  I want to give you strength for your trials.  I want to reassure you that I am in control.  As the sun comes up each morning, think of it as a good morning kiss from Me; from your Heavenly Father.  That is My way of saying good morning to you."
  

I know how hard it is to get that much needed quiet time so you can study and read the word.  If you are like me, I try to fit it in multiple times throughout the day.  Some days though, I hate to admit, I don't make time for God like I know I should.  Life being too busy is not an excuse.  All I have to do is carve out X amount of time and then plan my day around that, right?  Something always happens though.  Something always comes up.  Something always distracts me.  This morning, God reminded me of His grace.  He reminded me that, He isn't upset with me for getting off track.  He is simply correcting me like my own father would have.  He is simply bringing something to my attention.  

It is such an amazing thought to know that even though we may fall short or get off track, our God never does!  Our God is constant like the sun rising each morning.  He is there ready to fight our battles with us.  He is always in control even when we feel like He isn't.  If we only made it a priority to start each morning with Him, imagine how much better our day would be.  I'm not saying that if we start our day with Him, the day will go perfect and nothing bad would happen.  I'm saying when we start our day with God, the bad won't shake us.  God gives us what we need to get through whatever the day holds.  We would be equipped and ready for anything.  

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys