Blessings

It's hard not to be negative sometimes.  You know, those moments when all you can see is the bad.  When your feelings are involved and you have an emotional reaction to something.  I'd say the older I get, the more emotional I have become.  There's nothing wrong with this, it is just different than what I am used to.  It doesn't take much these days to make me tear up.  All it takes is seeing a touching commercial; like the Publix ones.  At church, when I see someone praying for another person when they are struggling.  Just seeing the love and genuine concern for another is amazing to witness.  In those moments, I can sense their sorrow and I have to fight back the tears.  For me, being an emotional person allows the negative emotions to easily sneak in. 


The world is so full of negativity; and it's easily passed on to us.  I think naturally, I tend to be a little more negative than positive.  This is something that I have been working really hard on for a long time now.  Lately, I have really tried to focus my attention on just the positive-on all of the blessings.  My world or my dreams may be crashing down all around me, but I am choosing to see the blessings instead of the pain.  We will always have something negative happen in our lives; why not try to focus on the blessings in the midst of all that chaos?  When you are able to focus on the positive, it makes the negative not seem so bad.  

The one thing I have learned lately, is that God is working in my life.  That I am sure of.  He has blessed me beyond my wildest dreams since bringing Adam into our lives.  Every area, I see the blessings and what led up to them being given to us.  I can see what God has done.  It is just incredible.  I can see all of our trials were for a reason.  Whether it was to test our faith or just to see if our words and actions aligned.  Our trials teach us valuable lessons.  Our trials give us wisdom.  Our trials teach us to be patient in the midst of the storm.  They teach us to expectantly wait for God.  

God, you know my one hope.  My one desire.  You know the dream that is planted inside of my heart.  I'm not going to look at the fact that I don't have it.  I'm not going to allow the negative thoughts to steal my joy in what you have already given me.  I'm going to choose to see all of my blessings instead.  I am choosing to see how incredibly thankful I am for those blessings and also for the trials; as they have made me who I am today.  God, thank you for working in my life.  Thank you for loving us like you do.  Just thank you.       

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys