Don't Be Sad

Mommy, please don't be sad.  I know this is tough.
Mommy, please don't be sad.  You loved me enough. 
Mommy, please don't be sad.  I know you wanted me to grow.   
Mommy, please don't be sad.  I know you love me so.   
Mommy, please don't be sad.  I know you want me back.
Mommy, please don't be sad.  I'm safe where I'm at.  
Mommy, please don't be sad.  I know how much you've cried.
Mommy, please don't be sad.  I know how much you've tried. 


I want you to know how much you mean to me. 
I want you to know that you are a blessing.
I want you to know that I didn't go far.
I want you to know that I'm up in the stars.  
I want you to know that when you are missing me.
Just look up to the Heavens and you will see. 
I want you to know that I miss you so.
I want you to know that I had to let go.
I want you to know that God gave me the best mommy He knew.  
That's why I love you the way that I do.  



Mommy, next time you think of me, please don't be sad.  
Just look up and smile and you won't feel quite as bad.  
Mommy, I know this is hard on you.
You didn't want me to go. 
But mommy, I'm home now, with Our Lord.
I had to leave you, but, this isn't goodbye. 
I'm safe and sound way up high.    
My Heavenly Father will watch over me.
Just like you would have, can't you see?  

I want you to know, I love you so.  
I want you to know, I didn't let you go.  
I want you to know, you'll always be in my heart.  
I want you to know that you were the best part. 


There are a lot of hurting mommies out there today.  I know your pain all too well.  But for one mommy, I want you to know that you have been on my heart all day.  I feel your sorrow. I feel your pain.  I literally started writing this message for you at a red light.  I'm praying for you.  

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys