A Better Yes

My Great Aunt Norma told me the other day, "Sometimes when God's answer is no, it's because He has a greater yes waiting for you."  This couldn't have come at a more appropriate time for our family.  There are many struggles that we are facing today.  Thank you Aunt Norma for the words of encouragement.  Thank you for the reminder that our God is great.  

I think back over my life and can't help but think, how many times had God said no to me?  I'm sure there are too many times to count.  And honestly, I don't remember the majority of them.  But the no's I'm getting today, are what weigh heaviest on my heart.  For the last year, God has said no more often times than yes.  And that's okay.  I'm not going to get upset just because I am getting no's.  I know that God is working for the greater good for my family.  He knows what is best for us.  Sometimes, our timing is not lined up with God's timing.  This can make the wait long and strenuous.  This is the hard part.  This is the test.

In times where we get no's, it's incredibly hard to be content.  It's hard to continue to pray about the same things over and over.  It's even harder to keep your faith.  We all stumble and may fall, and that's okay.  God will be there to pick us back up.  God's no isn't the end of your life.  God's no is that He has a greater yes waiting for you.    

Thank you God, for saying no.  Thank you God, for unanswered prayers.  Just thank you.

1 Corinthians 2:9
"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" 

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys