Double Digits


Owen is 10! How is that even possible?  My baby boy is now in the double digits! Wow, that's extremely hard to believe.  I know it's cliche, but, your children really do grow in the blink of an eye.  

Today is about Owen and his ten years he has been part of our lives.  Today is about celebrating this amazing young man!  Today is about laughing and having the best day ever.  Today is about cake and ice cream; or strawberry pie, one of Owen's favorites.  

For me, on birthdays, I find myself reminiscing.  As a mom, you are reminded every year about that special day God blessed you with a child.  I don't think of the pain involved; I think of the pure joy I felt in all of the moments.  The moment I held him.  The moment I heard his first cry.  The moment he gazed into my eyes.  The moment I nursed him when he was moments old.  There are so many moments.  So many firsts.  So many years of making memories with this incredibly goofy, kind-hearted boy.  Thank you, God, for Owen.  Thank you, God, for making me his mommy.  Thank you, God, for the last ten years.      



Owen, even though I can't be with you today, I am carrying you inside of my heart.  Today, I am celebrating you and the kind-hearted young man you are becoming. My thoughts are of you today.  My prayers are too.  I pray that this tenth year is full of new experiences.  I pray it's full of laughter and good times.  I pray that it's full of learning and growing as a young Christ follower.  I pray that your love for people inspire you to do great things.  My prayer is that when you are grown that you will be able to look back on your childhood and say, 'it was the best!'

Today is your day!  Celebrate.  Have fun. Make memories.  I'll see you tomorrow, buddy.  I can't wait to give you a big birthday hug and kiss.  We can't wait to celebrate you.  Enjoy your day..mama loves you!

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys