Meeting Joyce Meyer



My sister calls me and tells me that Joyce Meyer was going to be in town signing copies of her new book, "Get Your Hopes Up!"  We just couldn't believe she would pick our little hometown of all places. We both have always wanted to meet her and this was finally our chance!  We were so excited about the upcoming day.  We probably drove our husbands crazy with it all.

The big day was finally here!  I sent my sister a text early that morning to say, "We are meeting Joyce today!" As if she didn't already know this.

We arrived at Books A Million an 1.5 hour early just to get a great spot in line.  Good thing we went early-we were #64. To our surprise, Joyce and her husband showed up thirty minutes early!  She sat down and started the book signing right away.  This was the first glimpse Ashley and I got of them.



Ashley and I were talking about what we were going to say to her.  I wanted to make her laugh so my plan was to ask her to do the robot.



Looking back, it honestly was such a blur to me.  I only remember shaking her hand and asking if she would do the robot with me.  She laughed and then said, "you're cute."  At the end of the day, I couldn't get her to do the robot with me.  Oh well...Maybe some other time.

It was such a surreal moment for me.  I am so thankful for the experience and am glad Ashley and I got to meet someone we respect so much together.  She is such an amazing example of someone who has truly overcome hardships. She is as genuine as they come.  What she does to help millions of people is simply amazing.

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys