When I Look At You


When I look at you, I can't help but to smile.  It starts from my heart and exudes onto my face.  When you hold my hand, I can still feel the warm, tingly feelings I felt the very first time you reached out for it.  When you scoop me up in your arms, I feel safe and at peace.  I can feel how much you love me in your embrace.       

There are days when I wonder how in the world I deserve you?  Loving me can't be that easy at times.  After all, when we met, I was broken.  Some parts of me still are.  Instead of just letting me try and mend all alone, you are right there beside me; helping me, pushing me along.  Speaking truth and life into me.  Even with the brokenness, you love me anyway.  Somehow, you continue to sacrifice daily for me without any hesitation.  Somehow, you chose to love me.  

I have the best of the best, best friend in you.  But, you're not just my best friend, you're my love.  You're not just my love, you're my heart.  You're not just my heart, you're my life.  You're not just my life, you're my everything.  So, thank you for being my best friend.  Thank you for being my love.  Thank you for keeping my heart safe.  Thank you for wanting to be in my life.  Thank you for being my everything.  I love you. 


Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys