Coffee and Jesus

Ever have a morning where you really needed Jesus?  I mean every living part of you.  Laying in bed you already feel empty and broken on the inside. You feel defeated in the first few moments before you open your eyes.  Your soul is aching, it's in agony and you have no motivation to do anything.  You don't want to get out of bed because you have no clue how you will survive the day.  Ever have one of those mornings?

Those mornings are tough! But it's nothing that a little bit of coffee and a whole lot of Jesus can't fix.  In times like that, He wants us to come to Him.  He wants us to lay all of our burdens at His feet.  He wants us to lean on and depend on Him.  Our God is an amazing God.  And He can work in an instant.  He can use someone else to reach out or speak to you directly.  What an amazing thing to know that God is listening and working in your life.  The peace you get afterwards is indescribable.    

That morning I described, was how I felt today.  I didn't want to get out of bed.  But I knew that if I didn't get up, the enemy would celebrate in that moment for stealing my joy for today.  I have a handful of tough things that are on my mind right now.  So I cling to my joy.  I wasn't going to allow the enemy to steal that from me.  To steal the day with my family.  I wasn't going to allow the enemy to prevent me from being a blessing to someone else today.  The enemy tried his best to defeat me today.  But the enemy didn't count on me waking up with a little bit of coffee and a whole lot of Jesus.  



Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys