Please Hug my Baby for Me

God,

I know you are busy, 
But I thought I would see,
If you would please do this one tiny favor for me?

Today I am feeling so much love,
For that little bundle of joy of mine up above.
I was hoping I could ask you for something simple and sweet.
I was hoping you would give my baby a hug for me. 

Not just any old hug will do.
It'll be an extra special one from me through you.
I can't think of anyone better for this job.
Than her Heavenly Father who has held her all along.

Will you please wrap your arms around her,
And squeeze her oh so tight?
And tell her that her mama loves her with all her might.
Will you please hold her close for a moment or two?
Just like her mother would love to do?
Will you please give her a kiss on her rosy red cheek?
And tell her that it's full of love from her daddy and me?

I have this feeling embedded in my soul.
One only a mother who lost her child is sure to know.
It's a feeling that stands the test of time.
So, if it's not to much to ask, 
Will you please hug that baby of mine?

-Kelli


I don't usually write poems, but these words flooded my heart this afternoon.  I don't know who it is that is hurting right now, but I want you to know you are not alone.  Even though it has been some
time since we lost our little angel, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about her.  I still shed tears because we wanted her so badly.  Today has been one of those days where I would give anything to be able to hold our little angel.  Somehow, today, these words have brought me joy.  They have brought me peace.  But mostly, these words have reminded me that though I am not there, God is.  And that is enough for me.


Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys