Entwined

With one foot in front of the other, walking slowly down a path where the light and dark are entwined, I find myself on a journey into the unknown.  I find myself in a circumstance that leaves me uncertain of the future.  People have made plans and set snares for me;  hiding in the shadows, waiting for the opportunity to bring me down.  I press on though, through the dark because I know that the light will always find me.  The light will always shine down letting me see where to safely place my feet.

The sun will no longer provide my light by day, and the moon will not provide light by night.  The Lord is my permanent source of light (Isaiah 60:19-20) What was conspired in the dark, hidden from all to see, will always be made known.  The hidden snares and plans conspired in the darkness will not prosper; you will shoot down any attacks aimed for us.  What was meant to harm me, you will use to redeem me and restore all that was lost.  

Lord, I'm pressing on because I know you are walking beside me, guiding my footsteps around each snare set out for me.  I'm pressing on because I know that at the end of this path, you have something waiting for me.  A lesson learned, wisdom gained, a testimony to share with the lost and hurting.  Use me in the midst of my brokenness to help others navigate theirs, Lord.  To help them find your light so your love reaches deep down inside the cracks in their own broken hearts.   Without the cracks in my own heart, I wouldn't have been able to experience the magnitude of your love for me.  So, I freely give to the brokenhearted if it helps them to see just how much you love them.




Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys