Fight for Position

I’m in a fight.  A fight to keep pushing towards my purpose.  Towards the woman God has called me to be.  I struggle a lot with this.  I struggle because of the storms.  The storms that keep coming for me, the storms that cause destruction and heartache; that cause loss and disappointment.  The storms that rush in and shake every bit of my life and leave it dismantled in a way I can’t figure out how it all should fit back together again.  

Lately, I’ve allowed these storms and the distractions they bring to get in the way of my quiet time with God.  It’s a slippery slope once you start sliding down and it’s hard to regain your footing to climb back out again.  But I’m a fighter.  I’m in a fight to keep on keeping on.  To not allow these distractions or the storms cause me to slide down farther and farther away from my purpose.  


If there is one thing I’ve learned over the last decade, it’s that despite what comes my way, I always come out stronger on the other side.  That the storms I face always have a purpose and that purpose will be used for nothing else but to bring Him all the Glory.  Jesus is the reason for my strength; for my perseverance.  He is the ump behind my fight.  And with Him fighting for me, who can stand against me?  

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys