The Journey

When I look in the mirror, I don’t even recognize myself anymore.  The woman I was and the woman I am are colliding with the woman I am to be.  And if I’m being honest with myself, that is a scary thought.  Within me lie so many emotions and feelings.  Within me lie past hurts that have shaped me in ways I never could have imagined.  Within me lie tremendous joy and sorrow through the broken roads I’ve journeyed down.  Within my soul there is a strength that only comes from surrendering it all to God and the perseverance it takes to get through the trials of life.  My purpose is inside of me somewhere and I’m on a journey to find it.  The road of life has taken me many places; some that I never had any intentions of going.  And now, I find myself on a journey that will change my life in ways I can’t even fathom.  All the heartbreak, all the pain and sorrow, all the joy and loss that is on the inside has a purpose; a purpose to impact the Kingdom in big and mighty ways.  Inside of me, all these emotions and feelings, all these roads traveled will help others on the same roads I’ve overcome through their dark times.  My testimony is uniquely mine, and though it was extremely hard to walk through some of the storms I did, I wouldn’t change a thing.  For one day, it will all be used to bring Him Glory and that makes it all worth it.

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys