Feel It

I know you feel it.  The gentle breeze on the back of your neck.  The nudge in the pit of your stomach saying, “it’s time”.  I know you feel it; the closing of one life season and the beginning of the next one begging to be brought to life.  

A tearing away from the old and clinging to the new.  I know how painful it can be to let go.  To let go of what was for the unknown of what is to be.  To be stuck somewhere in the shadows, too afraid to take that step into the next season, thinking, “I’m not ready”.  

Trading the “I’m not ready” for “I trust Your plans” is a process that we all have to work through.  It’s different for us all, but ultimately is designed to propel us into the life He has in store for us.  Taking all the bad and all the good and using it to nudge us forward, with Him, into what is to be.  

A beautiful life is waiting for us all to be lived.  He has put together every detail and it’s up to us to turn those “I’m not ready” thoughts into faith steps forward saying, “I trust Your plans” no matter what our feelings are screaming at us. 


 So God, I feel the breeze.  I feel the nudges.  I feel myself saying, “I’m not ready”.  I feel the closing of one season and the beginning of the next.  I don’t know what this will look like and I don’t know all the details.  But the one thing I do know is this:  I trust Your plans whole-heartedly.  

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys