Fifteen



Like in years past, I’m up before dawn reminiscing about this day-  the day you were born.  I tell myself that every year will get easier, but it hasn’t yet.  That every year I won’t feel that tug on my heart saying, “it’s almost time”.  The same tug that once spoke those words when I was awaiting your arrival now have a different meaning.  Instead of coming, you’re closer to going.  Going out to forge your way in the world.  The tug will always be there, I suppose.  It is a reminder that  you’re growing up quicker than I anticipated or would like.  Quicker than my mama heart can handle.  A reminder that these moments are precious and not to take them for granted.

But every year, just like I feel that familiar tug on my heart, I also feel the excitement of what’s to come.  The anticipation of all the good things your future holds.  The potential waiting for you to grab hold of and conquer.  This world and some people in it will tell you that you aren’t good enough.  That you don’t stand a chance.  That you aren’t driven enough or smart enough.  Don’t give in to those lies.  Use what is trying to bring you down to raise you up instead.  Remember, you are a child of the Most High.  And regardless of the labels people will put on you, your identity is in Him and Him alone.  


So good morning, kiddo.  Good morning, fifteen.  Good morning to this next season in your life.  I’m proud of you in both the good and not so good times.  Always and forever, you’ll be my little boy.  I love you and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! -mama

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys