Embrace the Rain

As I sit at my desk and look out over the city, I can see in the distance a storm is rolling in over the Rocky Mountains.  As I watch, it moves closer and closer, lightning is popping and thunder is crashing.  I can see the clouds breaking open giving way to the rain that is to follow.

I can’t help but feel the storm brewing inside of me in this moment.  My heart pounding, and the grief growing too heavy to hold back behind my eyes.  They give way, and allow the tears to stream down my face mirroring the rain streaming down the window.  And in that moment, the breaking of the clouds reminded me that in the breaking of ourselves, so much growth can take place because of the rain.  

I try and use this platform, to bring Glory to God and to be vulnerable with the things He is taking me through; because you just never know who needs to hear the words you have to say.  And after all the sharing I’ve done in the past, it still feels awkward and the fear of how it will be received or what people will think has me questioning it all.  But today, I don’t care.  In this moment what I have to say needs to be shared, if not for you, then for me.  


The storms come, and God shows up with them.  Even when our eyes are full and blinded by the storms, the beauty is in the journey through the brokenness.  He walks beside us, giving us grace to feel and question; giving us joy for the mourning.  You guys, remember that in the breaking open and growing moments in our lives, we can find rest in Him.  It’s there, where we can let the rain fall without judgement and condemnation.  It’s there where love will find us and lift us up so that we can bloom in the season that follows.   

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys