To Be Free

Opposition is pushing against me; trying to break me with harsh words.  They are trying to surround me, locking me in among the thorns.  I don’t belong in the muck, chained down to lies and titles that are thrown on me.  I don’t belong in the tangled web of chaos either.  I refuse to allow the lies to seep in.  I refuse to allow bitterness to loom.  I refuse to bend and change my morals and convictions in order to be loved or worthy.  I refuse to allow them to define who I am because only Christ can do that.    

I have to make a decision; to allow the opposition to continue to push me around in the muck or dig in my heels, put on my crown and shove back with the truth that is living and breathing inside of me.  My place is somewhere extravagant; and His plans are always good.  There comes a time in life where you have to let go in order to be free; and that time is now for me.  I’m letting go in order to live.  I’m letting go in order to be free.  I’m letting go in order to be me.  

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys