Forecast

I’m sitting at my desk, watching and waiting for the snow.  Little things like that make me giddy like a schoolgirl.  And as the weather changes minute to minute, like it always does here, I can’t help but relate that back to life right now.  Life is changing-it has changed.  And it isn’t what I had in the forecast of my life.  I guess when you are planning out your life and family as a little girl, with only one dream and that’s to be a mother, you don’t see storms in the forecast of your future.  You don’t see divorce and all the bad that hurting people will do for personal gain.  You only see the good.  The love.  The connection.  The perfection.  You see happily ever after.  


Looking back over life right now, it’s scary to think that at one time when I looked at it, I only saw perfection.  Life is anything but perfect; it’s a beautiful mess of moments, good and bad.  And when we think it will be, we set ourselves up for disappointment.  But right now, as I wait for this snow storm to make it’s way over the Rocky Mountains, I can’t help but see that same storm rolling across the mountains in my life.  I know God is here.  But more importantly, I know He is moving mountains in my life in the midst of a snow storm.  I can’t see Him, but faith isn’t by sight, is it?  It’s about taking one step at a time, in faith, knowing that My God will move these mountains and all the broken will be made beautiful.  

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys