The Valleys

I have been through some pretty dark valleys.  It wasn't easy to maneuver my way through; and at times, I was so lost I didn't know what to do or which way to go.   I made many mistakes along the way that knocked me down. But each and every single time, I picked myself back up and chose a different way to go.  There were many people who had ideas or opinions about which road I should take.  Which road was 'best for me'.  But you know what?  It wasn't their journey.  It wasn't their life to live.  It was my journey to travel and the only thing I asked of them was for their support no matter which road I decided to venture down.


I know that some of you feel like I once did; lost and not sure which way to go.  I know that some of you are in the darkest of valleys right now and all you want is a way out.  I know that some of you feel judged because of the choices you have made thus far.  But remember this-only you are going to know what to do.  Only you are going to know which way to go.  Only you are going to know what's best for you.

Throughout my journey, the enemy wanted me to feel alone, lost and abandoned.  The enemy wanted me to feel unloved and not worthy of happiness.  The enemy wanted the darkness to keep me in a place of suffering and in constant pain.  But the reality was, I wasn't any of those things.  God was with me walking down each and every path.  God was there when I made mistakes to lift me up and He was there when I moved in the direction that He wanted me to.  In my weakness God gave me His strength.  I was never alone during those times and I need you to know that even though it may feel like it, you are not either.


Today, I am thankful for my journey in all those dark valleys.  It's made me who I am today.  Each one of those paths are a blessing to me now.  And one day, the journey through the valley will be a blessing to you too.  I wish I could tell you that there was an easy way through the valley or a short cut you could take.  I'm sorry to say there isn't an easy way out.  But there is help if you want it.  There is help if only you'll ask.  God is with you.  God hears your cries.  God will speak to you.  Allow Him to be your light along this journey.  He wants to help.

My prayer for you is that you'll find the peace that you need.  You'll find the answers you are looking for.  My prayer for you is that you will always remember that God is with you and He will love you through this. You are not alone.  You have not been abandoned. And, you are so very loved.

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys