Rest

It's so important to remember to take time for yourself.  To just slip away to rest and recharge your mind, body and spirit.  I know, its hard for us moms to actually do this, but it's necessary.  Yesterday was one of those days for me.  Not because I didn't sleep well the night before, but because I needed to escape the busyness of life.  I said no to the dishes and laundry and yes to time to myself for a change.

One of my favorite places to go is the beach.  So after I dropped the boys off at school, I went. There is something so calming about the sound of the waves and the smell of the ocean and the cool breeze hitting your face.  The sound of the umbrella swaying in the wind and the cool shade it casts down.  It's a place where all my stress and worry just melt away.  It's just about the only place I can go and completely clear my head.  I left feeling full.  I left recharged and ready to tackle what was waiting for me at home and what life would throw at me this week.

God tells us in scripture how important it is to rest and to take time to recharge.  So why is it so hard for us to actually do this?  We are always so busy taking care of everyone else, we neglect ourselves.  We neglect our needs and that's not good.  In order to give our family the best mom and wife, we need to remember to take care of ourselves too.  I challenge you to slip away somewhere quiet at least once a week.  Whatever that looks like for you, just do it.  I promise you won't regret it after it's said and done.


"Then Jesus said, "let's go off by ourselves to a quiet place and rest awhile."  He said this because there were so many people coming and going that Jesus and his apostles didn't even have time to eat. -Mark 6:31 .

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys