The Horizon

I have seen and felt enough pain and heartache in the last few years to last me a lifetime.  I have journeyed down roads that I never imagined I would ever have to walk.  I have had my character and morals questioned as well as who I am as a woman and a mother.  I have had my decisions looked at with eyes of disgust and judgment by those who don't want to see the truth.  I have cried tears of sorrow and tears of joy.  I have had sleepless nights out of worry and fear and have also had nights where I was in prayer.  

I could list a hundred things that aren't fair in my life, especially right now, but that wouldn't do any good.  It's because our trials are what shape us and our lives.  The way we think, the way we care, the way we love, the way we see others-our trials open our eyes to things we were once blind to.  Our trials give us compassion and grace and a deeper understanding of what someone else is going through.

With another storm on the horizon, my feet are planted firmly up on the rock.  My eyes are focused on the one who will help me weather this.  And I have put on the full armor of God.  Even with the weight of the world on my shoulders, my hope remains in Him.  Even with another trial on the horizon, my peace is in Him.  Even with this upcoming journey that is full of uncertainty and heartache, my joy is found in Him.  My hope, my peace and my joy are always found in Him.


Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys