Going to the River

Six years ago, life as I knew it came crashing down.  My former spouse walked out after ten years of marriage and overnight I was a single mom with two small boys.  I was left with so many questions and not enough answers.  I was left fighting to find myself again all while trying to pick up the pieces along the way.  My journey through divorce, and the effects of infidelity, and emotional abuse left me beat down and broken.  But God.  God was with me every step of the way.

God mended all of the broken pieces back together and made me whole again.  He redeemed me from all of it.  I am blessed beyond my wildest dreams and am thankful for every step I had to take to get to this point.  This is what freedom looks like.  Freedom from the past.  The pain.  The struggle and brokenness.   What an amazing journey I've had in order to get to this point.  My pain has turned into something beautiful.  My pain has blossomed into my passion.  I found my purpose through the pain of my past and now my calling are those women who are walking the roads I had to endure.

So, in front of my husband, children and family, I was baptized.  I found the freedom I needed in order to let go and let God work in my life.  I found freedom so that I may be fully healed from every part of my story.  I was finally able to really embrace that my past and the pain associated with it all does not define me.  I am a child of the Most High.  I am loved and I have been redeemed.  I am free.

Looking back, this journey that I have been on the last six years was extremely long and hard.  Not only for me, but my husband and family who have had to watch me walk the roads that I've had to walk.  So by getting baptized, it's me saying I'm done.  I'm done with everything I've had to endure. I'm done with the pain. The struggle.  It's not mine to carry.  I left the old me behind in the water and arose a brand new creation.  I arose fresh and clean.  I arose free from the past.  I feel like nothing is holding me back now because I was able to find freedom from it all.  I can't wait to live this next chapter of my life and see just how the Lord is going to use me.


Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys