The Lantern on the Hill

The wind is blowing and the clouds are growing dark.  The sea is kicking up and the waves are doing their best to knock me down below the surface.  I can see the storm that's rolling in- it's the biggest one I have faced yet.  At any moment, this storm will try to engulf every part of me.  It will try to knock me off course and get me lost in the midst of it's darkness.  It will try to steal my hope and joy and every bit of my peace.   It will try to make me redirect my focus on it instead of the only one who can take the storm's power and calm the wind and seas.  

With this storm raging all around me, I'll praise God louder.  My feet are planted firmly on the rock and my eyes are locked on Him and Him alone.  His peace surrounds me as the wind and rain brush up against my face.  The darkness of the storm gives way to the light that is living and breathing inside of me.  The lantern up on the hill is shining bright so that I may keep the course as God directs every footstep I am to take.  No matter how hard the wind blows, or how high the water rises, or how dark the skies get, my God will keep me afloat.  He will sustain me through this storm just like all of the others.  He is my light, my joy and my peace in all times-always. 

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys