One Foot in Front of the Other

I once watched as he took his first steps; unsure of what his little legs were capable of.  Looking to me, for support and guidance as he put one foot in front of the other.  Today, my view is much different than that wobbly ten month old just learning to walk.  He has grown tall.  Strong.  He has become confident in who he is and what he is capable of.  This boy of mine is putting one foot in front of the other and boldly walking straight into his future.  A future where I won’t be within an ear shout of a “hey mom”.  But instead, I’ll be a phone call away with miles of separation between us.  Thinking about this makes me sad, and with tears escaping my eyes, I can’t help but smile.  I smile because I know the one who holds tomorrow will be holding my boy too.   And that’s enough for me.  


Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path -Psalm 119:105

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys