Faded Photographs

You’ll forget your troubles; they’ll be like old, faded photographs.  Your world will be washed in sunshine, every shadow dispersed by dayspring.  Full of hope, you’ll relax, confident again; you’ll look around, sit back, and take it easy.  Job 11:16-18

Like an old photograph, your troubles will fade.  Becoming a distant memory of what once was and never will be again.  For the last seven years of my life, the trials and storms have been relentless; and much of my life and the moments a blur.  I have felt like I have been living going through the motions just to survive my every day.  And though I don’t want to have to walk through hardships, it’s part of who I am.  It’s part of why I was built.  I write about struggle and heartache because I know that there is someone out there who needs hope.  Who needs to know that they are not alone during these hard times.  I write because I know what it feels like to be lost and hurting all while feeling unloved and unwanted.  I write because I feel led to share all that Jesus has done for me in my darkest days. 

Just because I write about trial and heartache doesn’t mean that I am walking around broken and hurting; it’s quite the opposite, really.  I do have my moments, but my strength always comes from the Lord.  I have joy in my heart despite the the people who have tried to shatter it permanently.  With each heartbreak, God put it back together a little different than it was.  And with so many cracks and breaks, He made sure to fill every single hole with His love and strength; making me new again.  


You can find joy in the middle of the storm.  You can find strength in the one who calms it.  You can find love in the one who loves unconditionally.  You can find all that you need in Him.      

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys