Joy in the Face Of

Living with joy in the face of…

I didn’t just wake up with joy one day.  I couldn’t feel it and I didn’t want it.  All I wanted was what my heart wanted and that’s all I could see.  The truth is, living with joy in the face of seems almost impossible, right; at least when you’re in the thick of it.  That is what I thought when this parental alienation started.  When I went from being able to speak to my children and hold them in my arms to nothing, I thought this was what would break me and snuff out my light.  

But here I am, twenty-one months later, and I’m living with joy in the face of.  What I didn’t know in the beginning of it all was that the pain I felt combined with the joy I would soon allow to consume me, would work together in a way that even I can’t fathom just yet.  The two, would catapult my faith to a place it needed to go in order to see a perspective I couldn’t yet see.  


The pain and joy working together transformed my weary and hurting heart into a powerhouse.  The perspective I now have, will never go back to the place it once was.  That doesn’t mean I feel joy constantly; it means that on those days when I’m hurting, I choose to keep it.  I choose to allow it to consume me instead of the pain. 

That is how I live with joy in the face of..  That is how my light is now brighter than before.  That is why I can honestly say without my God and Fatih, I wouldn’t have been able to recover from this heartbreak.  Friends, it is possible to live with joy in the face of.  If you don’t know what to do, start with praying or just talking to God.  Start by choosing to see joy in your pain or loss and how the two can work together in your life.  

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys