What Are You Running From?

What ever you run from (past, mistake, sin, person, memory), God will eventually take you back to that thing or place and you will have to deal with it before you can ever get well.  -Joyce Meyer

There is so much truth in what she said.  How many times in your life have you ran?  Probably more times than you can count.  I know I have.  But why?  Was it fear?  Was it pride?  Was it just easier to run than to stay?  What ever the reason, just know that you can come back and face it with God.  God will give you the strength.  He will give you the grace.  He will help you through to the other side.  

God has been bringing me back to things I ran from years ago.  He has shown me areas that I need healing in.  It is never easy; that's why I ran all those years back.  But you know what?  I have such a tremendous peace that goes along with  facing these things now.  Peace like I've never felt before.  God is showing me that with the healing comes freedom.  Freedom from the pain, from the fear, from the regrets and mistakes.  The chains have been broken.  The weight that I was so used to carrying has simply been lifted off of my shoulders.  What an amazing feeling it is to be free and out of the chains that have been holding me back.

Do you have something that you've been running from?  If so, why carry around that extra weight when you can lay it down at the thrown? My prayer is that you too will face the things that have you weighed down.  With God's help you can accomplish anything. You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. 

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys