His Promise

This morning as I was driving to an appointment, there it was.  I made a right turn and it practically hit me in the face.  It was this gorgeous rainbow.  I don't know about you, but whenever I see a rainbow, I get excited.  I stand and look in awe of just the beauty.  It took me by surprise because it was a typical hot and sunny morning in Florida.  Not a storm in sight.  The sun was shining so brightly.  I probably wouldn't have noticed it had it not been for my polarized sunglasses because it was almost transparent to the naked eye.  I felt in that moment, God was speaking to me directly.  I felt as if He placed that rainbow in my path for my eyes only.  He knew what I had prayed for before leaving our home this morning.  He knew it would take something grand to get me to hear Him.  He was reminding me of His promises and what the rainbow stood for.  Such an amazing moment with God this morning.

I have been struggling with a decision to stop all fertility meds after this month.  I have really been seeking God on this and for an answer in what I am supposed to do.  I am feeling really stressed out by the schedule of it all and I know Adam can feel my stress too.  I also feel by stopping the medications, I am saying to God, "I am giving you total control over my PCOS and us having a child."  I feel like He is testing my Faith in what He has promised me.  The testing of our Faith is never easy because it requires us to release control.  It requires us to push forward for something, even when we know the odds are stacked against us.  The testing of our Faith makes us stronger and makes us wiser.  The testing of our Faith can be scary because of the unknowns.  That's why a small part of me wants to continue the meds, but I have this nudge to let go of it all.  

God's timing is always perfect.  I will never understand why God makes us wait for certain things or why he takes things from us.  And that is okay.  I know that this nudge to let go of the control (medicine) is what I am supposed to do at this point.  That rainbow was placed in the sky to remind me of God's promises.  Not just the promise to Noah, but all His promises.  I don't know what the future holds, but God sure does.  And if He says to do something, I have learned that I better listen when He speaks.    


Genesis 9: 12-17

And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come:  I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.  Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind.  Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life.  Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."  So God said to Noah, "This is the sign of the covenant I have established between me and all life on the earth."

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys