Reaching Up

God,

I'm reaching up, trying to get out of this valley but I can't seem to get a grip.  Lord, this walk through
the valley is hard this time.  It's dark and scary.  I can barely see the sunlight shining through the trees.  Lord, please extend your hand.  Just enough for me to grab hold of.  Please help me climb out of this valley.  I'm not wanting to be at the top of the mountain, just high enough to clear the trees.  High enough to feel the warmth of the sun.  High enough to be able to breathe fresh air again.  I know I'm here for a reason, but haven't figured it out yet.  I'm praying and listening for your still small voice.  Lord, the days are getting long.  I'm growing tired and weak.  My faith is shaken.  Your voice seems to be fading too.  Please restore in me my peace.  Please restore my hope.  Please restore my strength.



Son,

I know this valley is tough, but you will get through it.  You have walked through much more 1 Corinthians 2:9, "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him".  I know you love me.  I know it doesn't matter if you are in the valley or up on the mountain top.  Your love for me does not waver.  Just like my love for you does not waver.  I will be here, right beside you as you journey a little higher and higher each day.
challenging valleys than this.  I know you are growing weak and tired.  I see you struggling.  I see you trying to maneuver your way through the thick brush.  I am refining you.  Refining you for something great.  You have no idea what is in store for you and your family.  No idea.  When you feel like you are drowning, please know that I am with you keeping your head afloat.  Carry my word inside your heart to help get you through this.

I love you.

-God

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys