Around Here

Father’s Day is a little different around here.  Our house is empty.  Quiet.  I’m thankful for the way my husband loves my children.  How he provides for us so I can be at home with them.  How he loves us and sacrifices for us daily.  And how he is taking on the role of a stepfather.  There are so many things that I long to see, and one of those things are my husband’s arms wrapped around our child.  His arms are safe.  Secure.  Loving.  His arms were made to protect this family.  

Father’s Day is different when your child is in Heaven.  There are no hand-made cards or kisses for daddy.  No tickle monster laughter or checking for monsters under the bed at night.  There are a lot of things that we can’t do today, but the one thing we can do is rejoice because our child is wrapped in the arms of Jesus.  Our child is safe in His arms.  Our child is secure in His arms.  Our child is protected and loved in His arms.  And though we long to hold our child in ours, there is nothing greater than knowing where she is and who she is with.  


I know that we aren’t the only family who is celebrating Father’s Day with a child in Heaven.  I am lifting up those who have lost today.  May your heart be full of peace and may you rejoice, like we are, in knowing who is holding your child.    

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys