Feeling your Feelings

I'm learning that it's okay not to be okay.  And that feeling your emotions is something you do rather than burry them and pretend they're not there.  It's been a long road of healing for me.   Healing from my past that I finally found freedom from last June.  In so many ways that freedom changed me.  The chains that kept me locked down no longer have any authority over me.  But what I didn't realize, was that once I received that freedom, my old ways of processing things wouldn't work anymore.  My old ways wouldn't fit into my new found freedom mindset.  That instead of hiding what I felt, I would be forced to feel my feelings and process through them the right way.


I am learning that the right way, though harder now, is the only way.   So instead of hiding I'm going to be open.  With God and the community of friends I surround myself with, I'm going to use my voice to share what I'm walking through.  I'm going to seek encouragement and wisdom and prayer.  I'm going to share what God is doing in my life through this season of grief.  And I know, in the midst of all that openness, I'll find my healing.  And maybe, just maybe, you will too.  





Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys