His Embrace

Seeking comfort and a safe place to rest his head, my son crawled into my lap and settled in. It's moments like this that make my mama heart full.  From the first moments of his life, the tiny cells dividing and multiplying to form who he is, wrapped up and cradled in the safety of my womb, he has known my comfort and embrace from the very beginning of his existence.  It's almost instinctive; he needs me still, even though he will be twelve this summer, he still longs to crawl into my lap seeking what we all do.

Just like my son has always known my embrace, our Heavenly Father has held all of us even longer.  His word says, "before I formed you in the womb I knew you".  He knew all the days of your life, what mistakes you were going to make, the trials you would face; He knew your purpose and calling before you were even formed.  As we grow older, the need to be comforted never goes away.  It is just redirected back to the one who has always known you.  To the one who formed you in the darkness of your mother's womb.  Everyone wants a safe place to rest and be loved unconditionally, especially while walking through a storm.  God's arms are open, waiting to embrace you at any hour of the day or night.  His arms are always open to scoop you up and give you a safe place to rest your head.  

So today, I lift up those who are in need of comfort, Lord.  Today I lift up those who are tired and weary and just want some place safe to rest and to be strengthened.  Today I lift up those who need to be loved on without judgement or condemnation.  Lord, I pray that they feel your peace today, and that it carries them through the tough moments.  We love you, Lord.  -Amen

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys