Self Portrait

With the reality that this will be a tough year for my family, I decided I was going to document it by journaling as well as photography.  I don’t yet know the purpose of my journaling, or if my words will ever be meant for sharing. But I do know that my struggles today will be the light in someone’s storm in the future.  

So this is me, right now, in this painful season of my life. This is me fighting against the darkness with His light.  This is me depending on the Lord to give me everything I need to survive this.  This is me, my heart shattered, yet so full of joy.  This is me, completely uncertain of what the future looks like but confident and trusting in His plan for my life.  This is me, weary and weak from the journey so far, but yet so strong because His strength is made perfect in my weaknesses.  This is me, His Beloved, resting just right where I should be; in His peace and perfect love.   

Some of you may be walking a tough road like me.  You may be weary and uncertain.  Just know you are never alone, you have everything you’ll ever need in Him.     

Isaiah 40:31

Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary. 

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys