Getting Through

I keep my eyes always on the Lord.  With him at my right hand I will not be shaken. 
Psalm 16:8

Getting through a tough time is a difficult task sometimes.  Especially, when you are trying to get through completely on your own.  Why go through a trial alone when God is willing to walk right beside you?  He is willing to carry ALL of your burdens. I've tried walking through fire without God.  And I'll be the first to say that was a stupid choice.  Once I learned to depend on God, my life changed drastically!  

When we are in the middle of a hard time, it's so easy to allow it to consume us. Our thoughts kick in and our minds take over.  That's never a good thing.  It's when we take our eyes off of Him we sink.  Just like Peter did when he walked on water.  For years, this verse was written on my bathroom mirror.  It was the first thing I saw in the morning and the last thing I saw before I went to sleep.  It was my constant reminder that all I had to do was keep my eyes on Him.  No matter how big or small the problem. Sounds easy enough, right?   

This verse is still planted in my heart today.  When I find myself in a hard time, it's the first thing I think of.   I then turn my attention off of the problem and onto the one who will help. To the one who can give me peace.  To the rock on which I stand.  I focus my attention to God.  Do you have a verse planted in your heart?  If not, make time to read God's word.  Find one or two that speak to you and your situation.  Meditate on it.  Hide it away in your heart.  And when, not if, a hard time comes, you will be ready and armed with the Word of God.

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys