What is God to You?

The perspective of a child is so pure.  Their excitement for God is a breath of fresh air.  It's so amazing to be able to re-live the newness and excitement through the eyes and heart of your children.  As a believer, I know the newness of it all can fade the longer we follow Him.  At times, we find ourselves just going through the motions.  I don't know about you, but, I don't want to just go through the motions.  I want to always live with that excitement for God like a new believer does.

The question, "what is God to you?" was asked at camp last week.  Cody said some were saying, "God is peace and God is love, He is hope."  I then asked, "what is God to you?"  He said, " mom, He is EVERYTHING.  We could only write down one word, so I wrote down everything.  Because He is peace and He is love and so much more.  He isn't just one or the other.  He is all of it."

Wow.  He is so right-God is everything.  I guess at certain points in your life, God can be more of one thing than the rest to you.  It changes from season to season.  Hearing Cody talk about that, made me smile-I was so proud.  He really gets it.  In our times of uncertainty, He is our peace.  In times of fear, He is our strength.  In times of sorrow, He is our joy.  In times of despair, He is our hope.  He is every single one of those things.   God is our rock.  Without Him, we would sink in the sand.  No matter what you are dealing with today, God will help you in that moment.  He will rejoice with you.  He will cry with you.  He wants to show you that you don't have to do it on your own. He wants to help.  You just have to be willing to open up your heart and allow Him to work in your life.  I know that the longer we are here on this earth, the more we are exposed to the darkness this world can bring.  It can make us lose sight of what God is to us.  I pray that if you have lost that excitement for God that you find it again.  I also pray that in those moments of fear or uncertainty or just pure joy, you always remember that God is EVERYTHING.

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys