God Can Reconcile

This morning, I felt that nudge from God wanting me to write but had no clue what about.  I sat down and this blog just poured out of me.  I know that this is meant for someone out there.  I know you're in a tough situation.  You're at a crossroad and are unsure of what to do.  God sees you.  He is there.  He loves you.  Remember that always.

Marriage is tough.  It's even tougher once you learn your spouse has had an affair.  What do you do?  Do you leave or do you stay and try to work it out?  This question can only be answered by you.  Everyone will give you their advice on what you should do.  But at the end of the day, it's between you and God.  Not you and the world.

It is possible to overcome infidelity in a marriage.  It's hard, but very possible.  If I had been given a choice, I don't think I could have stayed in that marriage.  I wouldn't have been strong enough.  I knew God was releasing me from it all.  God had a different future in mind for me.  So I let go and stopped fighting against Him.

But for you, God has something so big planned.  You feel it, but can't wrap your brain around the potential of what it could be.  He wants to show you his ability to change the hardest of hearts.  He wants to show you that people can change and that He can do it in an instant.  But mostly, He wants to show you that you do matter.  You are loved.  You are a strong woman.  And it is okay if you stay.

You plead with God for answers.  But, you don't have peace in what you hear.  You don't want to leave your marriage, but how can you stay now?  You tell God, "If it's your will for us to divorce, he is going to have to walk away. Not me".  But he isn't.  He is trying-really hard to restore his relationship with God.  To reconcile the relationship with you.  He really does love you and is wanting to show you that God is changing him.  

You struggle with trusting him again.  You struggle because you can see the changes in him, but you don't want to believe that it's real.  You are afraid he will do it again.  So the wall you put up is getting taller.

In time, you will see.  You can gain trust again at your own pace. It's just going to take time.  Our God is real.  He is alive.  He is working to restore your broken marriage.  Just imagine the potential of what your relationship can be.  It can be reconciled and restored through the grace of God.  Stronger than ever before.  You just have to let go.  Let go and forgive him of his mistakes. Forgiveness doesn't mean that you are saying what he did is okay.  Embrace his changes one at a time.  God is showing you His love through him.

In time, you will see.  God can restore.   

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys