The Shock

God,

Why is this happening?  How is my marriage over?  What about the kids?  What do I tell them?  How am I going to make it?  What am I supposed to do?  I can't be a single mom.  It's not supposed to be this way.  This can't be the way my life is going to end up.  Will you please fix it all?  Do you hear me?  Hello.  Please answer me.  I need you. I need your help.  I'm drowning.

My daughter,

Even though you feel like your not, you are loved so much.  I know you are in shock right now.  I hear all of your cries.  All of your prayers and all of your concerns.  Please trust me and my will for your life.  Please don't lose your faith in me.  Please don't allow this season to change our relationship.  Please don't give up on me and what I am doing for you. I am moving mountains on your behalf.  You may not see it now, but you will one day.  I know you are devastated and lonely.  I know you are full of questions.  But right now, at this moment, I want you to lean on me.  Depend on me.  Give all your burdens to me.  I will calm this storm.  I will help you through this trial-through this pain.  I promise , I will not leave you.    

Psalm 34:17-20

The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.  The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.  The righteous person may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all; he protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken.

Moments after you learn your marriage is over, the shock sets in.  The shock is very real.  At first, you almost don't believe those four words.  You are numb.  You can't even cry.  You think, did he just say that?  Then all of a sudden, you are taken over by so many emotions.  You are full of questions.  Full of anger.  Full of pain.  Full of uncertainty.  So you begin asking God for answers.  You may even be angry with Him.  But why?

Our God works for the greater good for all of us.  He loves us so much even with all of our sins and failures.  If anyone deserves to be mad it is God, not us.  It didn't take me long to realize that I couldn't walk the divorce path solo.  I knew that this road would be challenging and long.  I needed God's strength and love to push me along.  To heal me from the inside out.  If I'm being honest, there were so many times when I thought I would never come out of this trial healed.  But I quickly realized that was just the devil trying to derail me.  He knew that one day I would want to help other women by sharing my testimony and faith.  So he tried to instill lies into my mind.  He was trying to keep me from doing this.  From writing.  From sharing my testimony.  From sharing my Faith.

Every day I prayed.  Every day I spoke to God about everything.  Every decision, every concern, every situation that I didn't know how to handle, I took it to God.  He gave me words so that I always spoke with grace.  He gave me strength to fight evil with good.  He also gave me grace when I made mistakes.  He protected me and loved me through that season of my life.  God is the reason I survived.  He will be the reason YOU survive too.

Isaiah 66:9

I will not cause pain without allowing something new to be born, says The Lord.

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys