The Path

John 13:34-35

"A new command I give you: Love one another.  As I have loved you, so you must love one another.  By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." 

I'm so grateful for the path I had to walk down.  Without it, I wouldn't have found my strength. I knew early on in my journey that one day I would be used for the Kingdom because of my story.  I knew that I was going through all these trials to help women like me one day.  I didn't know what that consisted of or how that looked.  I didn't know when that time would come.  I just knew God would bring me through each trial a little stronger.  A little more refined.  A little more bold.  God was preparing me to be able to tell the world my story.  He was preparing me to love people in a way that I didn't know was possible.

Through my blog I am determined to share my testimony with as many people as I can.  Believe me-I was terrified to get my story out there.  I was fearful of many things.  I was fearful about how people would react to what I needed to say.  I was fearful of what people would think about me.  But, I just kept hearing:

2 Corinthians 12:9, " But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."

God doesn't pick the people who are qualified to do His work.  He picks the unqualified-the less likely person.  Someone that is broken.  Someone like me.  I finally came to a point where I realized that I cared too much about what people would say or how people would react.  And not enough about what God thought.  That wasn't what God wanted me to do.  God doesn't give us the spirit of fear.  He puts the spirit of peace and love inside us.  There was no reason for me to be fearful of telling my testimony.  It is because I was weak that I am strong.  God wants me to provide hope and peace to women who are suffering like I once was.  He wants me to show them His love through my words and actions.

So that is what I am doing.  I am walking with them down their path to healing.  I'm not fearful anymore.  I'm not going to hold back anymore.  I'm going to be bold.  I'm going to be vulnerable.  I'm going to be transparent.  I'm not going to care what people think anymore.  I am just going to continue to do what I feel called to do.  That is to share my testimony.  To share my faith.  And to share how God delivered me just like He will deliver you. 



Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys