June

June.  It used to be a month that I dreaded.  Dreaded because it was a reminder of when my former marriage came to an end.  Secretly, every June that rolled around, I tried to pretend it was just another month.  I tried not to reflect on that difficult time in my life.  But sometimes, it was impossible.  My mind just went there.  Every June that came, I thought to myself, "you made it another year, Kelli".  That was then.

This is now.  On my third June being single, you came into my life.  Literally, the same week that my former marriage ended.  How ironic.  God timed our meeting perfectly as if He intentionally was replacing the old June memories with new ones.  Ones filled with you.  Since you came into my life, I have never looked back at the then.  I don't recall sad, dark memories anymore.  They have all been replaced with love and joy and thankfulness-for you.  I think of how perfectly God planned our meeting.  Our conversations leading up to our first date.  I think of the feeling when I just knew God gave me my heart again.  I think of the first time I was able to feel your love and to be able to love you back.  I think of the start of the rest of our lives together.

This June is no different.  My heart is so full now.  It's full because of you.  You gave me a reason to smile again.  It's amazing how much I love you.  Especially, since not too long ago, I didn't think I was even capable of loving again.  Meeting you changed my life.  Loving you  made me a better woman.  Marrying you turned my dark times bright again.  And waking up next to you everyday is a dream come true.





Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys