Fore!



This week has been great.  We have been able to spend some one on one time with Owen as his brother is away at youth camp in TN.  I have to say, it is a little odd only having one child around the house.  It is eerily too quiet.  I miss the noise and occasional chaos only boys can create.


We have a lot of plans this summer to try new things.  We want them to be able to have a lot of new experiences in life.  We want them to try new things.  You never know, they could stumble upon their passion in doing so.  The boys are each going to learn how to play an instrument.  Owen has picked the drums and Cody the guitar.  I can't wait to hear them practice and learn to play.  I know it will be loud, but I welcome the noise.  There is just something about a house full of music that I love.  



We figured we would start with a new sport-golf.  The boys have never played real golf, so this will be a first.  The only experience they have had swinging a golf club is at the local putt putt course.  Owen has already been to the driving range twice this week.  Thankfully, it is less than five minutes away from home.  I have a feeling we will be spending a lot of time there this summer.  Owen has fallen in love with it.  I loved watching as Adam patiently showed Owen the mechanics of how to swing a club.  Just watching Owen and Adam interact made my heart smile.  I love moments like those.  Owen was listening so intently to his knowledge.  I have to say, he did great!  Our boy is a natural!  I think we have a future pro in the making.  



Popular posts from this blog

Thank You, God, for Making Me a Mom

A Letter to my Boys